Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
Cooking time45 min
This scalloped potatoes au Gratin recipe talks about making a uniquely flavorsome and interesting dish.
If you follow the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this scalloped potatoes au Gratin recipe, you can serve this dish for 6 people. Total time needed to cook this dish is 55 minutes and you do not have to be an expert cook to make this wonderful dish.
1) First of all, the oven should be preheated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The next step is to take a large pot over medium-high heat.
3) Pour butter and it should be melted.
4) Now, you have to add onions.
5) They should be sauteed until get softened and you have to make sure that the inions are browned as well. .
6) Then, garlic will have to be added.
7) You have to cook it for one minute.
8) The cream needs to be stirred in.
9) The broth and thyme must also be stirred in.
10) It needs to be seasoned with pepper and salt.
11) It is the time to add potatoes.
12) Bring to a simmer.
13) You have to keep on cooking for 10 to 15 minutes and make sure that the potatoes are fork-tender.
14) Take a shallow baking dish.
15) The potatoes must be transferred to the dish.
16) The cream should also be transferred.
17) Cheeses need to be sprinkled in an even manner over the potatoes.
18) It should be baked for 15 to 20 minutes. (You can stop when it becomes bubbly and the surface turns brown.
19) Set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1) Yellow onion – 1 no. (Finely chopped)
- 2) Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon.
- 3) Heavy cream - 1 1/2 cups
- 4) Cloves garlic – 2 nos. (They should be minced)
- 5) Kosher salt – 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- 6) Low sodium chicken broth - 1/2 cup.
- 7) Shredded gruyere cheese - 1/2 cup
- 8) Fresh thyme leaves - 2 teaspoons.
- 9) Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon. (Ground)
- 10) Shredded Cheddar - 1/2 cup
- 11) Russet potatoes – 2 pounds. (They should be peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch pieces).