Scotch Egg with Curry Mayo
Cooking time45 min
This Scotch egg with curry mayo recipe talks about how to make a party dish in a hassle-free way.
Total time needed for cooking is 45 minutes and with the correct quantity of ingredients mentioned in this scotch egg with curry mayo recipe; you can serve it for 8 people.
1) A stand mixer’s bowl should be chilled in the refrigerator.
2) The bowl must be filled with ice water.
3) 2 quarts water needs to be brought to a simmer in a saucepan.
4) 8 eggs should be lowered into the water with care.
5) The eggs have to be cooked for 7 minutes and kept the water at a low simmer.
6) The ice water must be transferred using a slotted spoon to stop the cooking.
7) After having cooled completely, the eggs need to be peeled and kept chilled in a dry bowl.
8) Take the chilled bowl of the stand mixer and, cayenne, nutmeg, white pepper, black pepper, salt, sage, onions and pork must be combined in the bowl. (It should be fitted with fitted with a paddle attachment).
9) The need to be mixed at medium speed for 1 minute and the stock should be poured in.
10) The speed has to be raised to medium high and you have to keep on mixing mix 1 minute more.
11) The mixture must form an emulsion and look a bit sticky.
12) 1/4 cup of the sausage has to be flattened into a thin patty.
13) A boiled egg needs to be placed into the middle.
14) The sausage has to be wrapped around it and you should encase it fully.
15) The wrapped eggs have to be placed in the refrigerator and you have to on the remaining eggs.
16) Take a Dutch oven and 2 inches of vegetable oil must be heated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
17) Fill the first casserole with flour, second one with 2 whisked eggs with some water and the third one with breadcrumbs. It is being done for creating the breading station.
18) Firstly each egg should be dipped into the flour and then dipped into the egg mixture. Lastly, it must be dipped into the breadcrumbs.
19) The eggs should be friend in batches for 4 to 6 minutes and stop when they turn dark brown.
20) They should be transferred to a plate that is lined with paper towel for draining.
21) Cool for 5 minutes.
22) The mayonnaise must be poured into a small bowl.
23) Take a skillet and 2 tablespoons of oil have to be heated (heat level needs to be medium)
24) Curry powder has to be added and stirred in a continuous manner to create a paste for 30 seconds.
25) The curry paste has to be whisked into the mayonnaise and you can serve with the eggs.
- 1) Medium eggs - 10 no.
- 2) Ice water –For chilling purposes.
- 3) Fatty ground pork - 1 pound.
- 4) Finely grated onion - 3 tablespoons.
- 5) Finely minced fresh sage - 2 teaspoons.
- 6) Kosher salt - 1 3/4 teaspoons.
- 7) Black pepper (ground) - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 8) White pepper (ground) - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 9) Nutmeg (freshly grated) - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 10) Cayenne pepper - 1/8 teaspoon.
- 11) Cold chicken stock - 1/4 cup.
- 12) Vegetable oil - for frying purpose.
- 13) All purpose flour - 1 cup.
- 14) Plain bread crumbs - 1 1/2 cups.
- 15) Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup.
- 16) Curry powder - 2 teaspoons.