Shirred Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Cooking time45 min
Simple and tasty dishes are immensely popular among a large number of people. If you are looking for an extremely flavorful and amazingly simple dish to make, you can follow this shirred eggs with smoked salmon recipe. This recipe allows you to make 6 servings and you have to spend only 25 minutes to make this tasty and simple dish.
1) Take a large double boiler and the bottom side must be filled with water. The important thing is that the water levels should remain just below the top pan. (You don’t have to feel disappointed if you don’t have a double boiler and instead of the boiler, a big metal bowl or sauce pan can also be used)
2) The water should be brought to the boil.
3) At the same time; you have to take a bowl and the eggs have to be whisked in a light manner.
4) The next step is the process of stirring in the pepper and butter pieces.
5) The egg mixture has to be poured into the double boiler’s top pan.
6) You have to keep on whisking in a continuous manner for 10 minutes and the whisking can be stopped when the eggs start thickening.
7) The chives and salmon have to be added.
8) Again, whisking needs to be performed for 1 to 2 minutes and you can stop when the formation of a creamy mass of tiny curds takes place. (You must make sure that the curd remains soft and not allow it to become firm)
9) After tasting, a little salt can be added if required.
- Fresh chives (Minced) – 2 tablespoons.
- Salt (Optional).
- Smoked salmon – 3 ounces. (It has to be cut into slivers with 1/4 inch width.
- Fresh ground pepper – 2 teaspoons.
- Unsalted butter – 7 tablespoons. (You need to make it one-inch pieces)
- Large eggs – 12 nos.