Cooking time45 min
This shrimp fajitas recipe makes you familiarize with an easy of making delicious fajitas. The quantity of ingredients recommended in this shrimp fajitas recipe allows you to make 4 servings and total time needed for preparation and cooking comes around 55 minutes.
1) Chili powder, cumin, lime juice and olive oil must be whisked together in a medium bowl.
2) After setting aside 1/4 cup of marinade, the remaining part must be poured into re-sealable plastic bag along with the shrimp and the shrimp should be marinated for 15 minutes.
3) Vegetable oil needs to be heated in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4) Onion and pepper have to be added and seasoned with pepper and salt.
5) They need to be cooked for 5 minutes and stop when vegetables become tender.
6) After stirring in jalapeno and garlic, cooking has to be done for one minute and then, this mixture should be removed from the skillet.
7) After having shaken off extra marinade from the shrimp, it should be placed on the hot skillet in a single layer.
8) It needs to be seasoned with pepper and salt and cooked for 1 or 2 minutes on each side. (You can stop when the shrimp becomes pink on both sides)
9) The reserved marinade has to be added and simmered for 1 minute and it must be removed from the heat)
10) The shrimp can be served warm by adding vegetable mixture over tortillas.
11) Cotija cheese and cilantro can be used to garnish.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They need to be minced)
- Minced jalapeno - 1 no.
- Black peeper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt- to taste.
- Onion - 1/2. (It has to be thinly sliced)
- Bell peppers - 2 nos. (They need to be thinly sliced)
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Shrimp - 1 1/2 lbs. (It must be peeled and deveined)
- Chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon.
- Lime juice - Taken out of 2 limes.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup.
- Crumbled cotija - for garnishing.
- Chopped cilantro - for garnishing.
- Corn tortillas - for serving.