Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Cooking time45 min
This shrimp scampi pasta recipe shows you how to make fantastic pasta that are spicy and yummy. This shrimp scampi pasta recipe allows you to make 4 servings and it can be made in 30 minutes as well.
1) A pot (6 to 8-quart) that contains salted water should be brought to boil.
2) Oil has to be heated in a heavy skillet (12-inch) and the heat must be kept moderately high. (Make sure that it is hot but not smoking)
3) Shrimp must be sauteed for 2 minutes and you have to turn over once. (Make sure that it is just cooked through)
4) It should be transferred into a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
5) Garlic has to be added to the oil available in the skillet, and pepper, salt, wine and pepper flakes have to be added to the skillet and cooked over high heat for one minute.
6) You need to stir occasionally.
7) Butter has to be added to the skillet and stir well to melt.
8) Shrimp should be stirred in and then, skillet has to be removed from the heat.
9) Pasta has to be cooked in boiling water for 3 minutes until turned tender.
10) After reserving 1 cup of pasta water, pasta needs to be drained in a colander.
11) Then, pasta has to be tossed well with the shrimp mixture and parsley in a big bowl. (If there is any need of keeping it moist, you can add some reserved cooking water)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley - 1/2 cup. (It should be chopped)
- Capellini or Angel hair pasta - 3/4 lb.
- Unsalted butter - 5 tablespoons.
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Dry white wine - 1/2 cup.
- Hot red pepper flakes - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Large garlic cloves - 4 nos. (They need to be left unpeeled and you have to force them through a garlic press)
- Large shrimp - 1 lb. (They need to be peeled and de-veined)
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup.