Sirloin Shepherds Pie
Cooking time45 min
This sirloin shepherd’ pie recipe teaches you how to prepare a mouth watering pie that is innovative and creative as well.
With the quantity of the ingredients used in this sirloin shepherd’ pie recipe, you can serve it for 4 to 6 people and the total cooking time comes around 50 minutes.
For making the potato topping
1) The russet potatoes and yarns must be boiled in water containing salt for 15 minutes until they become fork tender.
2) The potatoes must be strained and transferred to a big bowl.
3) The black pepper, sea salt, milk and butter must be combined and mashed together.
For making the meat
1) Extra virgin oil should be heated in a small pan and the heat should be kept at medium level.
2) The red onion must be added and sauteed for 8 minutes.
3) Now, pepper, sea salt, cayenne, paprika, parsley and ground sirloin should be added to the pan.
4) Then, All these ingredients have to mixed and sauteed for 10 minutes.
5) The heat should be turned to medium-high and sauteed for a couple of minutes. (Make sure that crispy bits are formed).
For making the creamed corn
1) The corn needs to be boiled in water containing salt for 5 minutes.
2) The water must be removed and the corn niblets should be sliced off.
3) The unsalted butter must be heated in a medium pan and keep the heat at medium level.
4) Pepper, sea salt and corn niblets should be added sauteed for a couple of minutes.
5) The heavy cream needs to be poured in and brought to a boil.
6) When it starts to boil, you have to cover the pan.
7) The must be reduced to low heat and boil for 10 minutes.
8) The cream corn should be transferred to a processor.
9) Minced (a handful) chives and pulse should be added. .
10) The next step is to spread the beef into baking dish’s bottom in an even manner.
11) It should be covered using a creamed corn layer.
12) The pie should be topped off with the russet mash and yam.
13) Crumbled potato (a handful) chips must be sprinkled.
15) Smoked paprika (a pinch) should also be sprinkled.
16) It should be broiled for a couple of minutes and stop when the edges become crispy and golden.
- #For potato topping#
- 1) Yams – 2 nos. (They must be cut into equal sized pieces).
- 2) Russets – 2 nos. (They need to be cut into equal-size portions)
- 3) Butter - 1 heaping tablespoon.
- 4) Slash whole milk
- 5) Sea salt - big pinch
- 6) Black pepper – to taste (Freshly ground).
- #For the Meat#
- 1) Extra-virgin olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- 2) Red onion – 1 no. (It must be diced small)
- 3) Organic ground sirloin – 2 pounds.
- 4) Minced fresh parsley – handful.
- 5) Smoked paprika - big pinch
- 6) Smoked cayenne – a pinch
- 7) Sea salt – a pinch.
- 8) Black pepper – to taste. (Freshly ground)
- #Foe the creamed corn#
- 1) Unsalted butter – 1 heaping tablespoon
- 2) Cobs corn - 2 to 3 nos.
- 3) Fresh chives - 1 bunch. (It must be minced).
- 4) Potato chips – handful (They should be crumbled).
- 5) Heavy cream - 2/3 cup.
- 6) Smoked paprika – a pinch.