Skillet Chicken With Creamy Spring Vegetables
Cooking time45 min
What about offering a great chicken dinner for your guests? This skillet chicken with creamy spring vegetables recipe is the best way to go. You can find the chicken splendidly crisp tender with asparagus, mushrooms and carrots and everything is cooked in a stunning herb cream sauce.
This recipe offers you 4 to 6 servings and the total time for making this dish is 55 minutes.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The chicken thighs must be seasoned using pepper and salt.
3) Butter has to be melted in a big oven-proof skillet and the heat has to be kept at medium high.
4) Chicken needs to be added skin-side down, and both sides must be seared for 2 to 3 minutes per side. (You can stop when sides become golden brown)
5) It should be added to the oven and roasted for 25 to 30 minutes until fully cooked through. (You have to make sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 175 Degrees Fahrenheit)
6) The chicken must be set aside and kept warm.
7) Flour, heavy cream and chicken broth should be whisked together in a medium bowl before setting aside.
8) Shallot and garlic must be added to the skillet, and cooked for 2 minutes. (You have to keep on stirring in a frequent way and check for fragrance)
9) Mushrooms and carrots must be stirred and cooked for 4 to 5 minutes and make sure that they become tender.
10) The stock mixture and wine should be stirred in and you have to scrape the browned bits from the skillet’s bottom before bringing to a simmer.
11) The asparagus has to be stirred and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes and stop when it becomes crisp tender.
12) Tarragon and dill have to be stirred in and cooked for 1 more minute.
13) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
14) The chicken has to be returned to the skillet.
15) This dish can be served immediately.
- Fresh tarragon (Chopped) – 1 tablespoon.
- Chicken thighs (Bone-in and skin on) – 6 nos.
- Pepper (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons.
- Low sodium chicken broth – 1 1/2 cup.
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup.
- All purpose flour - 1/2 tablespoon.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Minced)
- Shallot – 1 no. (Minced)
- Carrots – 3 nos. (You should peel and cut them diagonally into 1/3-inch slices)
- Cremini mushrooms – 8 ounces.
- Dry white wine - 1/4 cup.
- Asparagus - 1 pound. (Trimmed)
- Fresh dill - 1 1/2 tablespoons. (Chopped)