Skillet Chicken with Escarole and Pecorino
Cooking time15 min
Do you want to taste a unique dish that amps up escarole with a salty kick from fish sauce and pecorino? This skillet chicken with escarole and pecorino recipe teaches you how to prepare such an amazing dish and the sweet, crunchy carrots offer a brightening effect as well. Yield is 4 servings and each serving size includes 1 cutlet, 1 tablespoon carrot, 2 tablespoons cheese and 3/4 cup escarole. First of all, you need to take a saucepan. Pour maximum water into it. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Then, you must add escarole. It should be cooked for 1 minute.
After this process, drain well.
Take a skillet. Pour 2 teaspoons oil. Bring the skillet over medium-high heat. - Salt and pepper should be sprinkled over chicken in an even manner.
Then, chicken must be added to the skillet.
The next step is to cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
Now, the chicken has to be transferred to a plate.
Reduce the heat. The remaining 2 tablespoons oil needs to be added.
Add garlic as well. It should be cooked 1 minute.
Red pepper and onion should be stirred in. Again, cook for 1 minute.
Then, the garlic needs to be removed and discarded from the pan.
The next step is to add escarole. Cook for another 1 minute.
Fish sauce should be stirred in.
Now, the chicken has to be divided among 4 plates.
It is the time to top with escarole, cheese and carrot.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Extra virgin oil – 2 tablespoons. (You should also take 2 teaspoons extra virgin oil as well).
- Kosher salt – 3/8 teaspoon.
- Escarole – 1 pound (It should be cut into wide ribbons).
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Chicken breast cutlets – 4 nos. or 4 ounces.
- Large garlic cloves – 4 large nos. (They should be crushed).
- Pecorino Romano cheese – 1/2 ounce. (It should be shaved).
- Crushed red pepper – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Julienne-cut carrot – 1/4 cup.
- Medium-sized red onion – 1/2 (thinly sliced).
- Fish sauce – 2 teaspoons.