Skillet Chicken with Seared Avocados
Cooking time30 min
Seared avocados and chicken always make a great combination. This skillet chicken with seared avocados recipe makes you familiarize with the easiest method of preparing an excellent dish and a robust toasty flavor can always be associated with this wonderful dish. With the quantity of ingredients advocated in this skillet chicken with seared avocados recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. First of all, you need to preheat oven to 450 Degree.
Then, you have to heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium to high heat.
Oil should be added to pan. Swirl to coat.
Now the chicken must be sprinkled with chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
The next step is to add chicken to pan.
It should be cooked for 4 minutes.
Now, the chicken should be turned over.
Again, cook for 1 minute.
After that, the chicken must be removed from pan. (You have to make sure that chicken is not fully cooked).
The next step is to wipe pan clean using paper towels.
Coat pan with cooking spray.
You should increase heat to high.
You must sprinkle sugar over avocados.
The next step is to add avocados, cut side down to pan.
They should be cooked for 2 minutes until charred.
Take out avocados.
The pan should be recoated with cooking spray.
Onions must be added and cooked for 3 minutes until charred.
Turn red onions.
Poblano and green onions should also be added.
Cook for 3 minutes.
The onions have to be separated into rings.
Toss with Poblano and green onions.
Lime juice and soy sauce should be stirred in.
The chicken and avocados should be nestled into onion mixture.
Pan needs to be placed in oven.
You have to bake at 450 Degree for 7 minutes until the chicken is done.
The pan must be removed from oven.
The next step is to combine water and sour cream in a small bowl until turning thin to a saucy consistency.
Now, sour cream mixture should be drizzled over chicken and avocados.
You can garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
If you want, you can sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and Aleppo pepper.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – 4 nos. (The quantity should e equivalent to 6 ounce).
- Ground ancho chile powder – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Kosher salt – 1/2 teaspoon. (It should be divided).
- Cooking spray
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ripe avocados – 2 small nos. (They should be halved and pitted).
- Green onions – 4 nos. (They should be trimmed).
- Fresh lime juice – 3 tablespoons.
- Medium-sized red onions – 2 nos. (They should be peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings).
- Poblano pepper – 1 (Sliced).
- Water – 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Lower- sodium soy sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Lime wedges – 4 nos.
- Reduced fat-sour cream – 1/3 cup.
- Cilantro sprigs – 8 nos.
- Aleppo or other coarse red pepper – 1 teaspoon. (Optional).