Cooking time45 min
How to make a truly delicious sandwich? This sloppy gino recipe teaches you how to make a stunning sandwich and the method of preparation can be described as really simple.
Total time needed to make this sandwich is 40 minutes and if you use the exact quality of ingredients recommended in this sloppy gino recipe, you can serve it for 4 people.
First of all, you have to take a large skillet.
Add beef and pancetta.
They must be browned for 5 minutes until they turn golden brown.
The next step is to stir in bell peppers, onions, celery, carrot and garlic.
Salt and black pepper have to be sprinkled in.
Then, you have to add tomatoes, cheese, paprika, sugar and ketchup.
Vinegar, Worcestershire, jalapeno, thyme and cayenne must also be added.
Bring to a boil.
The heat needs to be reduced to a simmer.
Cook them covered for 15 minutes.
You have to taste and then, seasoning needs to be adjusted.
Now, the chives should be stirred in.
The next step is to toast the buns in grill pan.
The beef has to be divided between the buns on 4 plates and garnished with shaved cheese.
- Ground beef – 1 1/2 pounds or 675 grams.
- Chilli sauce or ketchup – 1/2 cup or 125 ml.
- Thick slices pancetta – 3 nos. (They must be diced).
- Smoked paprika – 2 tablespoons or 30 ml.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (They should be minced).
- Red wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon.
- Diced carrot – 1 no.
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Diced celery stalk – 1 no.
- Cayenne pepper – pinch.
- Minced onion – 1 no.
- Minced fresh thyme sprigs – a couple.
- Diced red bell pepper – 1 no.
- Minced Jalapeno pepper – 1 no.
- Salt – to taste.
- Ground black pepper – to taste.
- Chopped chives – for garnishing purposes.
- Pureed San Marzano tomatoes – 2 cups or 500 ml.
- Hamburger buns – 4 nos.
- Parmigiano Reggiano – 1/2 cup or 125 ml.
- Pecorino cheese or Piave (Grated and shaved) – For garnishing purposes (around 1/2 cup).