Slow Cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
Cooking time45 min
This slow cooked corned beef and cabbage soup recipe teaches you how to make a highly flavorful Irish comfort food. You can make 6 to 8 servings with the help of this recipe and total time needed for cooking comes around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
1) First of all, you have to take a big slow cooker bowl,
2) All the ingredients except parsley must be added to the bowl.
3) It should be tossed well to combine all the ingredients.
4) Then, the bowl has to be covered and cooked for 7 to 8 hours. (If you cook on low heat, duration must be 7 to 8 hours and on high heat, duration must be limited to 3 to 4 hours)
5) You can stop the cooking process when the beef becomes tender and shreds in an easy manner)
6) The beef chunks need to be transferred from the beef stew to a different plate.
7) Two forks should be used for shredding it into bite-sized pieces.
8) The beef has to be returned to the stew and you must stir properly to combine well.
9) Extra salt and pepper can be used to taste and season.
10) The bay leaf should be removed.
11) This dish can be served warm and fresh parsley needs to be used for garnishing.
- Bay leaf - 1 no.
- Green cabbage small head - 1 no. (It needs to be quartered, cored and shredded)
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) - 1 generous pinch.
- Salt - 1 generous pinch.
- Medium white onion - 1 no. (It should be peeled and diced)
- Celery stalks - 2 nos. (Diced)
- Carrots - 2 nos. (Peeled and diced)
- Yukon gold potatoes - 1.5 pounds. (They have to be diced into bite-sized pieces)
- Corned beef - 1 .5 pounds. (It has to be cut into large chunks)
- Beer - 1 bottle. (The quantity must be equivalent to 12 ounces and you can use the brand Pale Ale)
- Chicken stock - 4 cups.
- Fresh parsley (Chopped) - For serving purposes.