Slow Cooker Aubergines
Cooking time8 hr
What about preparing a vegetarian slow cooker recipe that is loaded with excellent summer flavors? This slow cooker aubergines recipe is a very good example and it is an excellent choice if you are a busy person. You can make it in a simple way without disturbing your busy schedule.
This slow cooker aubergines recipe allows you to make 6 servings. The preparation time needed is 10 minutes and the cooking time required is 8 hours.
1) Take a slow cooker and half portion of the olive oil needs to be poured into it.
2) Place the crushed garlic and onion on top.
3) The aubergines should be cut into (Lengthwise) 1 cm thick slices and olive oil needs to be brushed on them before placing on top of the onions.
4) Sun dried tomatoes, fennel slices and tomatoes must also be placed in and around the aubergines.
5) Coriander seeds have to be sprinkled over before seasoning with pepper and salt.
6) Then, they have to be cooked on low for 6 to 8 hours. (You can stop when the aubergines become soft)
7) All dressing ingredients should be placed into a food processor and blitzed until turned smooth.
8) The cooked vegetables must be transferred to a serving plate with the help of a slotted spoon and the dressing needs to be drizzled over the vegetables.
9) Flaked almonds and feta cheese can be used to top and this dish can be served with some crusty bread on the side.
- Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon.
- Sun dried tomatoes - 50 grams,
- Small fennel bulb (Sliced) - 1 no.
- Ripe tomatoes - 300 grams. (They need to be quartered)
- Aubergines - 500 grams.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos, (Crushed)
- Red onion (Sliced) - 1 no.
- Olive oil - 4 tablespoons.
- #For the dressing#
- Capers - 2 teaspoons.
- Lemon juice - taken out of one lemon.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Chives (Roughly chopped) - small bunch.
- Flat leaf parsley (Roughly chopped) - small bunch.
- Basil (Roughly chopped) - small bunch.
- #For the topping#
- Toasted flaked almonds - 50 grams.
- Feta cheese - 100 grams.
- #For serving#
- Crusty bread (You can choose gluten free if you want).