Slow Cooker Lasagne
Cooking time45 min
If you want to make healthy family meal that is low in calorie, you have to follow this slow cooker lasagne recipe. You can make 4 servings with this slow cooker lasagne recipe and this dish can be made within 4 hours 15 minutes.
1) The slow cooker can be heated if needed. Oil needs to be heated in a large nonstick pan, and garlic, celery, carrot and onions need to be fried in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. (You can stop when they become softened and colored and keep on stirring)
2) Meat must be tipped in and it should be broken down with a wooden spoon.
3) Keep on stirring until the meat browns.
4) Tomatoes have to be poured in along with black pepper, thyme, balsamic vinegar, bouillon, tomato puree and a quarter of a can of water.
5) They should be returned to boil and cooked for 5 minutes more.
6) Half the mince has to be spooned in the slow cooker and half the lasagne needs to be used to top with, (You have to break it when needed so as to cover the meat layer properly)
7) The remaining part of the meat should be used to top with and again, next lasagne layer needs to be used to top with.
8) It should be covered and cooked.
9) For making the sauce, flour and milk should be tipped into a pan, and bay leaf and nutmeg must also be tipped in before cooking on the hob.
10) Keep on whisking until thickened.
11) For cooking the flour, you have to keep on cooking for a few minutes.
12) The bay leaf has to be removed and cheese has to be stirred in,
13) It should be poured onto the pasta and you have to spread it out using a spatula.
14) Then, it has to be covered and cooked for 3 hours. (You need to make sure that the meat is cooked and pasta becomes tender)
15) Set aside for 10 minutes to settle and you can serve it with salad.
- Whole wheat lasagne sheets - 6 nos. (105 grams)
- Fresh thyme leaves - 1 tablespoon.
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Vegetable bouillon - 2 teaspoons.
- Tomato puree - 2 tablespoons.
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 can. (400 grams)
- Lean mince beef (5% fat) - 400 grams.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Chopped)
- Carrots (Finely diced) - 4 nos. (320 grams)
- Finely diced celery sticks - 4 nos. (175 grams)
- Onions (Finely chopped) - 2 nos.
- Rapeseed oil - 2 teaspoons.
- #For the sauce#
- Finely grated parmesan - 15 grams.
- Generous grating of nutmeg.
- Bay leaf - 1 no.
- Wholemeal flour - 50 grams.
- Whole milk - 400 ml.