Slow Cooker Rosemary Cranberry Mulled Cider
Cooking time4 hr
If you are interested in learning how to make a cider drink with an irresistible flavor and rosy glow, you can follow this slow cooker rosemary cranberry mulled cider recipe. The preparation time needed for this drink is 10 minutes and you can cook it within 4 hours.
1) Take a large crock pot or slow cooker (2.5-quart) and apple cider must be poured into it.
2) Then, honey has to be stirred in.
3) Holes have to be poked in the orange using a toothpick and the distance between each hole must be kept 1/2 inch to 1 inch.
4) Cloves have to be stuck into the holes pointing end down.
5) Now, the orange has to be added to the cider.
6) You also have to add rosemary, cinnamon sticks and cranberries.
7) The rosemary needs to be pushed down so that it is submerged.
8) They need to be cooked (heat on low) 3 to 4 hours. (You can stop when it is hot and the cranberries burst and cider must not be allowed to boil)
9) The remaining cranberries should be crushed using a fork in a gentle way for popping them.
10) A fine mesh sieve has to be used for straining the mixture into a big bowl.
11) The strain cider has to be added back to the crock pot.
12) You can add orange and cinnamon sticks as well.
13) The remaining solids have to be discarded and you can serve it warm after garnishing with cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
- Orange - 1 no.
- Apple cider - 8 cups.
- Whole cloves - 2 tablespoons.
- Honey - 1/4 cup.
- 5-inch rosemary sprigs - 3 nos.
- Cranberries - 1 cup.
- 5-inch cinnamon sticks - 3 nos.
- Extra rosemary and fresh cranberries - for garnishing purposes.