Slow Cooker Turkey Breasts with Wine & Bacon
Cooking time45 min
Do you often feel that the Christmas Turkey you make gets really dry? If you follow this slow cooker turkey breasts with wine & bacon recipe, you can solve this problem. You can make 8 servings if you follow this recipe and total time needed to make this dish is 4 to 5 hours.
1) A length of string double the length of the turkey fillet must be laid on a chopping board.
2) 4 more lengths of string must also be arranged and they should be big enough for tying around the fillets width at intervals over the first string. You must be able to wind each one around the first string and make sure that the strings are not moving around too much.
3) 8 rashes of bacon must be laid over the main string (running in the same direction as the 4 strings) and the rashers have to be overlapped in a slight way so that the rashers will not full apart when the turkey is wrapped.
4) 1 tablespoon thyme needs to scattered over and some black pepper should be grounded over as well.
5) Then, turkey fillet has to be placed on top of the bacon and the bacon must be wrapped around it.
6) The strings have to be tied around the length and middle to keep everything in place. (Make sure that it does not remain too tight and excess strings can be snipped off using scissors)
7) Oil needs to be heated in a big frying pan.
8) The fillet should be fried on all sides and you can remove from the pan when it is browned.
9) The same process has to be continued with the second fillet.
10) Set aside, and carrots and onions must be added to the pan and cooked until slightly colored.
11) Vegetables have to be tipped into the slow cooker and then, the bay leaves and mushrooms have to be added before arranging the turkey fillets in top.
12) Wine and stock have to be poured into the frying pan and they should be brought to a speedy boil before pouring them into the slow cooker.
13) Then, cooker must be covered and cooked for 3 to 4 hours. (You can stop when a meat thermometer reads 75 Degree Celsius.
14) The turkey breasts have to be transferred onto a plate covered with foil.
15) For making a smooth liquid, flour has to be mixed with four tablespoons of water.
16) The cooking juices from the slow cooker should be strained into a pan and the flour mixture must be whisked in. You need to keep on whisking and brought to a simmer to create thin gravy.
17) It can be served with the turkey breasts and vegetables and black pepper and thyme can be scattered as well.
- Plain flours - 2 tablespoons.
- Chicken stock - 500 ml.
- Dry white wine - 150 ml.
- Porcini mushrooms (Dried) - 15 grams.
- Bay leaves - 2 nos.
- Carrots (Sliced) - 2 nos.
- Onion - 1 no. (It should be halved and thickly sliced)
- Sunflower oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh thyme leaves - 2 tablespoons. (You can keep some more for serving)
- Smoked streaky bacon - 16 rashers.
- Turkey breast fillets (800 to 900 grams each) - 2 nos.