Slow Roast Lamb Shoulder
Cooking time45 min
Are you searching for that perfectly tasty, tender lamb dish? This slow roast lamb shoulder recipe shows you how to make a lifetime lamb dish in the easiest manner. The yield of this recipe is 4 servings and you can complete the making process within 4 hours and 15 minutes.
1) The oven should be heated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Olive oil must be used for rubbing the lamb and it also has to be seasoned properly using black pepper and salt.
3) Take a big roasting tin and a small quantity of olive oil must be drizzled into the bottom of the tin.
4) Shallots need to be added and then the lamb should be placed on top.
5) It needs to be transferred to the oven and roasted for around 15 to 20 minutes. (You can stop when the onions and lamb change color)
6) After reducing the temperature to 280 Degrees Fahrenheit, sufficient quantity of water has to be added so that it reaches half inch up the tray’s side.
7) It should be covered and baked for 4 hours. (You have to do frequent checks to prevent the water from getting completely evaporated)
8) Once it is doe, take it out from the oven and the tomatoes have to be poured around the lamb.
9) Before covering, thyme, garlic and vinegar should be added and returned to the oven for extra 30 minutes. (Make sure that the lamb becomes really tender)
10) The lamb needs to be placed on a big platter and any fat remaining on the top of the liquid has to be skimmed off.
11) After seasoning the taste, it can be served.
- Thyme sprigs – 3 nos.
- Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (They must be peeled)
- Lamb shoulder - 2.5 kilograms.
- Olive oil
- Shallots - 8 nos. (You have to peel them)
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped tomatoes (Tinned) - 2 nos. (400 grams each)
- Salt – To taste.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) – To taste.