Smoky Cheesy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
Cooking time45 min
This smoky cheesy cauliflower and broccoli soup recipe makes you familiarize with the best way of making a healthy, low fat and decadent soup. Total time needed for making this dish is 50 minutes. You can use regular paprika in place of smoked paprika.
1) Olive oil must be heated in a big soup pot and you need to add onion to the pot.
2) After adding 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, onion should be sauteed for 5 minutes.
3) Garlic must be stirred in and cooked for 1 minute.
4) Cauliflower florets have to be taken from one half of one of the heads and set aside.
5) Remaining cauliflower florets including stems have to be added to the pot and you need to add potatoes as well.
6) They should be sauteed for 5 minutes.
7) After adding chicken stock, it must be brought to a boil and then, simmered for 30 minutes.
8) After trimming broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces, a vegetable steamer basket has to be placed in another pot containing one inch of water and the water must be brought to a boil.
9) Broccoli florets and the remaining cauliflower florets have to be added and steamed for 6 to 7 minutes. (You can stop when broccoli becomes al dente)
10) After removing from the beat, you have to chop it in rough way before setting aside.
11) When the soup mixture simmering process is over, it has to be taken out from the heat, and almond milk, paprika, sriracha, dry mustard and Worcestershire have to be stirred in.
12) The soup has to be pureed using an immersion blender and you can when it becomes smooth.
13) Cheddar cheese has to be stirred in and make sure that it is melted and becomes creamy.
14) After reserving half cup of steamed cauliflower and broccoli, the remaining portion has to be stirred into the warm soup.
15) It can be served warm, cheddar cheese and reserved broccoli and cauliflower florets can be used to garnish.
- Worcestershire sauce - 5 teaspoons.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Broccoli heads - 1 1/2 nos. (They need to be rinsed and trimmed into florets)
- Chicken stock - 6 cups.
- Yukon gold potatoes - 1 pound. (They have to be skinned and chopped)
- Cauliflower heads - 2 nos. (They must be rinsed and trimmed into florets)
- Medium yellow onions - 2 nos. (Chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 5 nos.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Sharp cheddar cheese - 8 ounces. (It must be shredded and you can keep some more for garnish)
- Almond milk - 2 cups.
- Smoked paprika - 2 tablespoons.
- Sriracha sauce - 3 tablespoons. (You can use 4 teaspoons if you want it spicier)
- Dry mustard - 1 teaspoon.