Southern-Style Chicken Nuggets and Special Sauce
Cooking time45 min
This southern-style chicken nuggets and special sauce recipe discusses how to prepare a unique chicken nuggets with a modern twist.
If you use the correct quantity advocated in this recipe, this dish can be served for 4 to 6 people.
1) Chicken must be marinated in pickle juice and hot sauce for 4 hours.
2) In order to make the special sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, garlic powder and black pepper should be combined.
3) Seasonings need to be adjusted and you can refrigerate until ready to use.
4) For making the chicken, a Dutch oven must be filled with 3 to 4 inches of peanut oil.
5) The oil should be heated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) When the oil is heating, you can prepare the batter.
7) The salt, cayenne, flour, paprika, cornstarch and baking soda need to be combined in a big bowl.
8) The pickle juice, canola oil and egg whites should be added.
9) You have to whisk until the mixture gets sticky and thick.
10) The marinated chicken should be stirred into the fry batter and you have to ensure that every piece is fully coated.
11) The chicken must be fried for 2 to 3 minutes per batch until it becomes golden brown and crisp. (Work in batches).
12) The cooked chicken must be removed with the help of a spider for draining on a large brown paper bag or a sheet pan lined with paper towels.
13) When the full quantity of chicken is fried, oil must be returned to 375 degrees.
14) Extra pickle juice can be drizzled over chicken to get a predominant pickle flavor.
15) All of the fried chicken must be added to the hot oil for around 1 minute. (The second fry makes the chicken crispier).
16) Now, the chicken has to be removed back to the large brown paper bag.
17) You can season with kosher salt in a generous way.
18) It can be served warm immediately with the special sauce.
19) If you would like to serve it as appetizer, a toothpick can be put through each piece. If
20) If required, chicken in the oven can be reheated.
- 1) Chicken breasts - 1 1/2 pounds (It should be cut into 3/4 to 1-inch pieces).
- 2) Dill pickle juice - 1/2 cup.
- 3) Hot sauce - 1/4 cup. (You can use Franks). (Optional)
- 4) Canola oil or peanut - For frying purposes.
- #Special sauce#
- 1) Mayonnaise - 1 cup. (You have to keep 3 tablespoons more).
- 2) Ketchup - 1/2 cup.
- 3) Black pepper - 2 teaspoons.
- 4) Worcestershire sauce- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 5) Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- #Tempura batter#
- 1) All purpose flour - 1/2 cup.
- 2) Cornstarch - 1/2 cup
- 3) Kosher salt - 2 teaspoons.
- 4) Paprika - 1 teaspoon.
- 5) Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon.
- 6) Cayenne - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 7) Egg whites - 2 nos.
- 8) Canola oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 9) Dill pickle juice - 1/3 cup.