Cooking time40 min
This Spaghetti Bolognese recipe teaches you how to prepare an excellent dish in an uncomplicated manner. It comes with a thick rich sauce with great depth of flavor and you just need 30 minutes to make this dish. The method of preparation can be described as a pretty simple. Total cooking time comes around 40 minutes and if you follow exact quantity of ingredients recommended in this Spaghetti Bolognese recipe, you can serve this dish for 5 people. Take a large pot or deep skillet.
Place it over medium high heat.
Pour oil and heat it.
Onion and garlic must be added.
You need to cook for 5 minutes until the onion and garlic soften and turn gold brown.
Now, the heat should be brought to high
The next step is to add beef.
Cook until the beef turns brown and you have to break it up while cooking.
Then, you must add red wine.
Bring to simmer.
Cook for 2 minutes. (You need to scrap the bottom of the pot and make sure that there is no alcoholic smell).
You have to add remaining ingredients except pepper and salt.
Bring to simmer.
Then, the heat must be turned down to medium level. (When you do so, you can see it bubbling in a gentle manner).
It should be cooked for 20 to 30 minutes.
It is always advisable to add water if the sauce becomes too thick.
You have to stir occasionally.
Add salt and pepper
A large pot of salted water must be brought to boil.
Pasta must be added.
Cook exactly accordingly to the packet guidelines. (Minus 1 minute).
Take out a mug of pasta cooking water.
The pasta has to be drained as well.
Turn the heat to medium high level.
The next step is adding pasta into the Bolognese sauce.
You have to also add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of reserved pasta water.
Then, you need to toss in a gentle manner for 1- 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Stop when the sauce thickens and spaghetti becomes red.
Now, you can divide between bowls.
Finally, garnish with parmesan and parsley.
- Minced garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Minced ground beef – 1 lb/500 grams. (You can use half beef and half pork instead of beef alone).
- Olive oil – 1-1/2 tablespoons.
- Finely chopped onion – 1 no. (You can use yellow, brown or white onion).
- Sugar – 2 to 3 teaspoons.
- Dry red wine – 1/2 cup or 125 ml. (You can substitute it with beef broth/stock or water).
- Crushed tomato – 280z/ 800 grams can. (You can replace it with tomato passata).
- Tomato paste or puree – 2 tablespoons.
- Beef bouillon cubes – 2 nos. (They should be crumbled).
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 teaspoons.
- Fresh thyme – 2 sprigs. (You can also use 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/4 teaspoon thyme).
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
- Dried bay leaves – 2 nos.
- #For serving purposes#
- Spaghetti – 400 grams/13 oz.
- Finely chopped parsley.
- Parmesan cheese.