Spaghetti with Meatballs
Cooking time45 min
How can you combine spaghetti with meatballs harmoniously? This recipe makes you familiarize with such a combination that offers truly superior taste.
The cooking time for this spaghetti with meatballs recipe is 5 hours and 30 minutes and it can be served for 6 to 8 people.
Oil must be heated in a large Dutch pan (medium heat) and ribs must be browned for 4 minutes.
Onions need to be added and cooked after sprinkling salt for 2 minutes. (Make sure that onion turns translucent).
Garlic must be added and cooked for 3 minutes until everything turns soft but not browned.
White wine has to added and stirred well to deglaze the pan.
Red pepper flakes, parmesan rind, bay leaf, oregano and tomatoes should be added.
Bring to a simmer.
Cook for 8 hours. (Make sure that the whole contents reduce to one-third).
Bay leaf has to be removed and allow it to cool.
Then, cover it and refrigerate up to around 1 week. (You can keep it refrigerated for 2 months).
Meatballs and sauce
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a small sauce pan and, sweat shallots and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent.
The bread has to be soaked in the milk in a medium sized bowl.
Beef must be combined with cooked garlic and shallots, egg, salt, parmesan, parsley, basil and ricotta in a separate bowl.
The soaked bread has to be added to the meat mixture.
You have to roll out 2-inch balls using the meat mixture with the help of 1/4 cup for each ball.
The remaining oil should be heated in a frying pan and the meatballs must be added.
They should be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes per side until turn golden.
Then, Yia Yia’s sauce must be placed in a large saucepan and the meatballs have to be added.
Bing to simmer for 30 minutes.
Salt water needs to be placed into a large pot and bring to a boil.
Thee spaghetti should be cooked according to the package instructions.
Two cup sauce has to be added to the empty meatball pan and the heat must be kept at medium level.
The spaghetti should be drained and added to the pan.
You have to add butter, parmesan and basil leaves as well.
Toss well to form good coating.
Now, it can be transferred to a serving plate and you can top with ribs from Yia Yia’s Neapolitan sauce and meatballs.
It can be served with the remaining sauce.
- #Yia Yia’s Neapolitan Sauce#
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup.
- San Marzano tomatoes – 2 cans (Each one should be a 28-ounce can)
- Baby back ribs – 1 rack (The quantity should be about 2 pounds and it should be separated)
- Fresh oregano leaves – 3 tablespoons.
- Large Spanish onion – 1 no. (It should be diced).
- Red pepper flakes – 1 no. (It should be crushed).
- Kosher salt – 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh bay leaf – 1 no.
- Garlic cloves – 6 nos. (They must be sliced).
- Parmesan rind – 1 no. (It should be 2 to 3 inch in size)
- Dry white wine – 1 bottle.
- #Ingredients for meatballs and sauce#
- Fresh basil leaves – 1/2 cup. (It should be chopped)
- Olive oil – 1/3 cup.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley – 1/2 cup.(It should be chopped)
- Minced shallot – 1 no.
- Parmesan – 1/2 cup. (Grated)
- Day-old wheat bread – 1 1/2 cups. (It should be diced)
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Whole milk – 1/4 cup.
- Egg – 1 no.
- Ground beef – 1 1/2 pounds.
- Yia Yia’s sauce – 2 quartz
- Whole milk ricotta – 3/4 cup.
- Garlic clove – 1 no. (It should be minced).
- #Ingredients for Spaghetti#
- Butter – 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Kosher salt – to taste.
- Parmesan – 1/4 cup. (Grated)
- Spaghetti – 1 pound.
- Fresh basil leaves – 15 nos. (They must be torn).