Spiced Carrot Soup
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make a soup that combines the mild amount of curry powder with the sweetness of the carrot to offer a unique but captivating taste? You just need to follow this spiced carrot soup recipe. Total time needed for cooking this soup is 65 minutes and this spiced carrot soup recipe allows you to make 6 servings.
1) Oil needs to be heated in a large saucepan and the heat needs to be kept at medium.
2) Garlic and onion should be added.
3) They must be cooked for a few minutes and then, you have to add the curry powder.
4) Again, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Stock, celery and carrots have to be added.
6) They must be brought to a boil and heat should be reduced.
7) Then, they need to be simmered for 30 minutes in a gentle way. (You can stop when the carrots become tender)
8) Set aside a cool a little and then, the mixture has to be pureed in a blender in batches. (If you dont have a blender, you can use a handheld liquidizer)
9) The soup has to be reheated.
10) Pepper and salt should be used to season.
11) A dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of chives can be used to garnish before serving.
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 1.5 liters.
- Large celery sticks - 2 nos. (They should be cut into pieces)
- Medium carrots - 10 nos. (They need to be roughly chopped)
- Madras style curry powder - 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They must be crushed)
- Large onion - 1 no. (It has to be chopped)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Creme fraiche - to serve.
- Snipped chives - 1 tablespoon. (For serving)