Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make a truly tasteful chicken dish with a difference? This spiced chicken thighs with garlicky rice recipe shows how to make such dish.
When you use the correct quantity of ingredients used in this spiced chicken thighs with rice recipe, you can serve it for 4 people.
1) The butter needs to be melted in a saucepan.
2) The heat must be kept over medium and high heat.
3) Garlic has to be added and sauted for 1 minute.
3) Rice has to be added and cooked for 30 seconds.
4) You have to keep on stirring continuously.
5) 3/8 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 cups water should be added.
6) It should be brought to a boil.
7) You have to cover it and the heat should be reduced.
8) It needs to be simmered for 12 minutes and make sure that the liquid is fully absorbed and rice becomes tender.
9) Leave it for 5 minutes.
10) The rice must be fluffed.
11) Black pepper and parsley should be stirred in.
12) The broiler has to be preheated to high.
13) Chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, red pepper and sugar should be combined.
14) The remaining 3/8 salt has to be stirred in.
15) Half portion of the spice mixture should be sprinkled over chicken.
16) Take a jelly-roll pan that is coated with cooking spray.
17) Chicken needs to be added.
18) It should be broiled for 6 minutes.
19) Now the chicken must be turned over.
20) The remaining spice mixture has to be sprinkled.
21) It must be broiled for 6 minutes.
22) Then, the chicken should be removed.
23) Pan drippings need to be removed.
24) Set aside for 5 minutes.
25) The drippings should be spooned over chicken.
26) It can be served with rice.
- 1) Butter - 1 tablespoon.
- 2) Fresh garlic - 1 tablespoon. (It should be minced).
- 3) Basmati rice - 1 cup. (Uncooked)
- 4) Water - 1 1/2 cups.
- 5) Salt - 3/4 teaspoon. (Divided) 6) Fresh flat-leaf parsley - 3 tablespoons. (It must be chopped).
- 7) Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon. (Freshly ground).
- 8) Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- 9) Chili powder - 2 teaspoons.
- 10) Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 11) Ground cumin - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 12) Garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 13) Ground red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 14) Chicken thighs - 8 nos. (Bone-in and skinned; the quantity should be equivalent to 2 1/2 pounds).
- 15) Cooking spray
- 16) Raspberry
- 17) Blue Cheese Salad