Spicy Basil Chicken
Cooking time20 min
Most people love to eat saucy and spicy chicken dishes. This spicy basil chicken recipe teaches you how to prepare such a dish and it whips up in a flash as well. The time needed to prepare this dish is 19 minutes and with the recommended quantity, you can serve it for 4 people. Each serving size is 3/4 cup and for a sensitive palate, you can omit the chile or turn up the heat and jalapeno or Thai bird chile can be added. This spicy basil chicken dish can be served with brown rice and sesame and, you can also serve it with sauteed snow peas and peppers. First of all, you need to heat a big nonstick skillet and it should be placed over medium to high heat. Oil should be added to pan. Swirl to coat.
The next step is to add garlic and shallots to pan. They should be cooked for 30 seconds. (You need to make sure that fragrance comes out after this duration).
Now, chicken should be added to pan. Then, you need to cook for 13 minutes. (Make sure that chicken is done).
Take a small bowl. Combine fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, chile paste with garlic, water, cornstarch and salt in the small bowl.
The next step is stirring with a whisk.
Then, you have to add the fish sauce mixture to pan. You need to cook for 1 minute. (Make sure that mixture thickens).
Stir well to coat chicken. The pan must be removed from heat.
Basil leaves should be stirred in before serving.
- Minced shallots – 1/4 cup.
- Fish sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Canola oil – 2 teaspoons.
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs – 6 nos. (The quantity should be equivalent to 4 ounces and they should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- Garlic cloves – 3 nos. (They should be thinly sliced).
- Water – 1 teaspoon.
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons.
- Chile paste with garlic like Sambal oelek – 1-1/4 teaspoons.
- Lower-sodium soy sauce – 2 teaspoons.
- Sliced basil leaves – 1/3 cup.
- Cornstarch – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon.