Spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad
Cooking time45 min
How to make a good quality and flavorful Moroccan salad? This spicy Moroccan carrot salad recipe offers the best answer for this question. For preparing the rosemary-fried almonds, a heavy skillet or cast iron must be placed over medium high heat. Oil has to be poured in and after adding rosemary, stir well for infusing the flavor into the oil. The oil must be heated 300 Degree Fahrenheit. When the oil is hot, half portion of the almond needs to be added and cooked for 10 to 20 seconds. The almonds have to be taken out of the oil and drained on paper towels. Salt has to be used to sprinkle and the same process needs to be repeated with the remaining almonds. Marinated olives can be used to top and they can be served as a snack.
You can make 4 servings with this spicy Moroccan carrot salad recipe and the total time needed for making this dish comes around 45 minutes.
1) A pot containing salted water must be brought to a boil and the heat should be kept at high.
2) You need to fill a bowl with water halfway and a tray of ice cubes should be added.
3) The carrots have to be blanched in the boiling water for 3 minutes and you can stop when they become tender.
4) The carrots need to be drained and plunged into the ice bath for shocking them.
5) After draining the carrots again, the carrots must be cut lengthwise in half.
6) For making the marinade, a small dry skillet needs to be placed over low heat, and chilies have to be added and toasted for 1 or 2 minutes.
7) Then, the chilies must be broken up and placed in a food processor for making a coarse powder through pulsing.
8) The chili powder has to be added to a mixing bowl and the chili mixture needs to be poured in.
9) For coating, you need to toss and it should be marinated for 1 or 2 hours by keep on tossing frequently.
10) For serving, the carrots should be crisscrossed on a platter, and almonds and micro greens must be scattered on top.
11) Flaked sea salt needs to be used to season.
- Small rainbow carrots - 1 1/2 pounds. (The quantity must be equivalent to 24 nos. and you need to trim the top)
- Flaked sea salt - to taste.
- Micro greens - 1/4 cup.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup.
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Coarsely chopped)
- Red wine vinegar - 1/2 cup.
- Dried red chilies - 8 nos.
- #Rosemary fried almonds#
- Kosher salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Whole marcona almonds - 2 cups.
- Large fresh rosemary sprig - 1 no. (You need to strip the leaves from the steam and it needs to be coarsely chopped as well)
- Expeller-pressed canola oil - 1 cup.