Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making a simple, clean and comforting chicken dish that offers excellent taste? This spinach & feta stuffed chicken recipe discusses how to make such a dish. It can be served with green beans and wild rice. This recipe allows you to make 2 servings and the cooking process can be completed within 30 minutes.
1) Oven has to be preheated 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Then, you have to take a large skillet and spinach must be cooked and stirred. You have to keep the heat medium-high.
3) You can stop the cooking process when spinach wilts and pepper, vinegar and sugar have to be stirred in.
4) Allow to cool a slightly.
5) In order to flatten the chicken thighs, they should be pounded using a meat mallet.
6) Chicken seasonings need to be sprinkled in.
7) Cheese and spinach mixture should be used to top chicken. Then, chicken has to be rolled up from a long side and it should be tied in a secure manner using kitchen string.
8) Oil must be heated in an oven-proof skillet and heat needs to be kept at medium-high. Chicken has to be added to the skillet and browned well. (Make sure that it is browned on all sides)
9) Then, chicken must be placed in the oven and roasted for 13 to 15 minutes. (When a thermometer is inserted, it should read 170 Degree Celsius)
10) After removing the chicken from the oven, you have to keep it warm.
11) The skillet must be placed on a stove-top and butter and broth have to be added before bringing to boil.
12) You have to stir well for loosening the browned bits from the pan. They should be cooked for 3 to 5 minutes before serving with chicken.
- Butter – 1teaspoon.
- Reduced sodium chicken broth – 3/4 cup.
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon.
- Crumbled feta cheese – 3 tablespoons.
- Chicken seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Chicken thighs- 2 nos. (They must be skinless and boneless)
- Pepper – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cider vinegar – 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Fresh spinach – 8 ounces. (The quantity must be equivalent to 10 cups)