Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
Cooking time45 min
Cannelloni is one of the best comforting winter dishes available. This spinach & ricotta cannelloni recipe puts forward an easy method of making a stunning dish. The flavor of this dish becomes really unique and endearing with the presence of nutmeg. This spinach & ricotta cannelloni dish can be made within 45 minutes and you can make 4 servings with the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe.
1) The oven must be heated to 390 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The ricotta must be placed into a bowl and it should be broken up using a fork.
3) The garlic,basil and baby spinach leaves should be added and mixed well.
4) Nutmeg needs to be sprinkled and seasoned well using pepper and salt.
5) All lasagne sheets must be cut in halves.
6) Two to three tablespoons of ricotta mixture should be spread down the centre of every sheet and each one has to be rolled into a tube. (Make sure that the edges overlap in a slight manner)
7) Take a dish of 18cm x 25cm (Ovenproof) and a layer of tomato sauce has to be spread over the base of the dish.
8) The cannelloni tubes have to be placed by keeping the seam-side down and you have to put in a single layer on the dish.
9) The remaining tomato sauce has to be pored over and parmesan should be sprinkled as well.
10) The cannelloni should be baked in the oven for a period of 20 to 25 minutes and,you have to stop when the pasta becomes tender.
- Ricotta – 500 grams.
- Baby spinach leaves – 150 grams. (It must be chopped)
- Fresh basil – 2 tablespoons. (Roughly chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 1 no. (Crushed)
- Nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Fresh lasagne sheets - 6 nos.
- Fresh Napolitana sauce – 500 ml (Store-brought)
- Parmesan (Freshly grated) – 50 grams.