Spinach, Aubergine and Chickpea Curry
Cooking time45 min
Everybody is fond of tasty vegetable curries. This spinach, aubergine and chickpea curry recipe talks about to make a vegetable curry loaded with excellent flavour. With the quantity of ingredients mentioned, you can make 4 servings and the cooking time needed is 30 minutes.
1) Spinach needs to be cooked in boiling water for 2 minutes.
2) Then, it should be run under cold running water to cool.
3) In order to remove the liquid, spinach has to be squeezed in a gentle way.
4) It should be placed in a food processor and chopped to make a coarse puree.
5) Take a large pan and half portion of the olive oil must be added.
6) Spices, chili, garlic, chickpeas and onion should be added and cooked for 5 minutes. (Keep the heat at a medium level)
7) Aubergine and remaining olive oil need to be added and cooked for 10 minutes. (Stop when the aubergine becomes colored and keep on stirring while cooking).
8) A pinch of salt and tomatoes have to be added and you have to cover the pan.
9) The heat needs to be lowered and simmered for 15 minutes. (You can stop when the aubergine becomes soft).
10) Spinach puree should be stirred in before serving.
- Chopped tomatoes - 400 grams.
- Salt - to taste.
- Large aubergine - 1 no. (The quantity should be equivalent to 400 grams and it must be cut into 2 cm dices).
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon. (It needs to be ground)
- Fresh green chilies - 2 nos. (They have to be halved and thinly sliced and you do not have to remove seeds)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They have to be finely chopped).
- Tinned chickpeas - 200 grams. (It should be drained and rinsed).
- Medium red onions - 2 nos. (They have to be chopped).
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Fresh spinach - 2 1/4 lb or 1 kg.