Spinach Mushroom Enchiladas
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make a crowd pleasing dish with a Mexican flavor? This spinach mushroom enchiladas recipe teaches you how to make such a dish.
If you take the same quantity of ingredients mentioned in this spinach mushroom enchiladas recipe, you can serve it for 6 people and the total time needed for cooking is 50 minutes.
1) Take a large skillet and, onions and mushrooms should be sauteed in the skillet after pouring butter. (Stop when they become tender).
2) Garlic has to be added and cooked for 1 minute longer.
3) You have to set aside half of the mushroom mixture for making sauce.
4) Wine should be added to the remaining vegetables.
5) It should be cooked and stirred for 2 minutes.
6) Now, 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt and spinach must be added and cooked until spinach becomes wilted. (Make sure that liquid is evaporated).
7) A large saucepan should be taken and, remaining salt, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, lime juice, and water should be brought to a boil.
8) You have to stir well for dissolving bouillon.
9) The reserved mushroom mixture, cilantro and sour cream must be stirred in and heated through.
10) A scant 3 tablespoons spinach mixture should be placed down the center of each tortilla.
11) It should be rolled up and placed seam side down in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish that is greased.
12) The sauce needs to be spooned over top.
13) Cheese must be sprinkled.
14) Now, it should be baked uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes at 350 Degree Fahrenheit. (Make sure that it is heated through).
15) If you want, pepper flakes can be sprinkled.
- 1) Baby Portobello mushrooms - 1 pound. (They must be chopped).
- 2) Small onion – 1 no. (It needs to be finely chopped).
- 3) Butter - 2 tablespoons.
- 4) Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They should be minced).
- 5) White wine or chicken broth -1/4 cup.
- 6) Fresh spinach - 12 ounces. (They have to be coarsely chopped).
- 7) Seasoned salt - 1/2 teaspoon. (It should be divided).
- 8) Water - 3/4 cup.
- 9) Lime juice - 1/4 cup.
- 10) Chicken bouillon granules - 1 tablespoon.
- 11) Garlic powder - 1 tablespoon.
- 12) Sour cream – 1 1/2 cups. (12 ounces)
- 13) Minced fresh cilantro - 1/2 cup.
- 14) Tortillas - 12 corns. (They must be 6 inches and warmed as well).
- 15) Shredded Monterey Jack cheese - 11/2 cups.
- 16) Red pepper flakes (Crushed) – optional.