Spring Chicken and Pea Salad
Cooking time45 min
If you are searching for an outstanding salad dish for light dinner or luncheon, you can follow this spring chicken and pea salad recipe. This is an amazing dish that combines different ingredients such as endive, radicchio and chicken harmoniously to offer supreme flavor and you can make within 15 to 20 minutes as well.
If you use the correct quantity of ingredients advocated in this recipe, you can serve for 4 people. Total cooking time is 20 minutes and for every 1 1/2 cups, you get 250 calories. For the same quantity, you get 12 gram fats and the cholesterol level is 62 milligrams as well.
1) You have to take a large saucepan.
2) 1/2-inch of water should be brought to a boil.
3) The peas should be added.
4) You have to cover the pan and it should be cooked for 5 to 8 minutes. (You have to stop when it becomes tender.
5) The next step is to drain peas.
6) They have to be placed in a large bowl.
7) Mint, onion, radishes, chicken radicchio and endive must also be added.
8) They should be stirred over medium to low heat for 4 to 6 minutes and stop when the jelly is melted.
9) The next step is to drizzle over salad.
10) The next step is toss to coat.
11) If you want, the pine nuts can be sprinkled.
- 1) Fresh peas - 1 cup.
- 2) Torn curly or Belgian endive – 2 cups.
- 3) Torn radicchio – 2 cups.
- 4) Rotisserie chicken – 2 cups. (It should be chopped).
- 5) Radishes - 1/2 cup. (It should be sliced).
- 6) Red onion - 2 tablespoons. (It needs to be chopped).
- 7) Fresh mint leaves - 2 tablespoons. (They need to be torn).
- #For dressing#
- 1) Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 2) Grated lemon peel - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 3) Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- 4) Mint jelly - 1 tablespoon.
- 5) Garlic clove - 1 no. (It needs to be minced).
- 6) Salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 7) Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 8) Pine nuts (Toasted) - Optional