Spring chicken in a pot
Cooking time45 min
If you are searching to find a dish that is light, fresh and healthy, this Spring Chicken in a Pot recipe offers the most suitable solution. Apart from the delicious chicken, this light one-pot is packed with spring vegetables and herby pesto and, this unique combination offers a fulfilling and refreshing experience for your taste buds. The preparation time for this Spring Chicken in a Pot is 20 minutes and the cooking time comes around 45 minutes. Take a large, heavy pan. Heat oil in the pan.
Then, you must add onion. It should be fried for 5 minutes. Stop when the chopped onion turns soft.
Now, the chicken needs to be added. It should be fried until the chicken turns lightly colored.
The potatoes should be added. You also have to add the stock. It is the time to add freshly ground black pepper.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
You have to stop when the potatoes turn tender and the chicken is cooked.
Then, you need to freeze it.
The next step is to add broccoli. Add spring greens. Petit pois and spring onions should also be added.
You have to stir well. Then, return to the boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Then the pesto should be stirred in and heat through.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Chopped onion – 1 no.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thigh – 500 grams.
- Small potato – 300 grams.
- Broccoli – 350 grams. (It should be cut into small florets).
- Shredded spring green – 350 grams.
- Low-salt vegetable stock – 425 ml. (You can choose Kallo low-salt vegetable stock cubes).
- Pesto – 2 tablespoons.
- Petit pois -140 grams.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Sliced spring onion – a bunch