Spring Onion Frittata
Cooking time45 min
How to make an eggy and easy frittata? This spring onion frittata is the best answer to this question. Two to three servings can be made using this spring onion frittata recipe and you can complete the cooking process within 30 minutes as well.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) After taking a medium sized cast iron skillet (oven-proof), add a small quantity of olive oil, pepper and salt, and then, asparagus and onions must be sauteed in a light manner.
3) The pan needs to be taken away from the heat after just a couple of minutes.
4) Pepper, salt, water, garlic and eggs should be added to a blender and blended well to make a light foamy texture.
5) The skillet has to be wiped well and then, a small quantity of olive oil must be used to coat the skillet.
6) Half portion of the cheeses and half of the vegetables need to be added and the eggs have to be poured in as well.
7) The skillet should be placed in the oven and baked for a period between 8 and 10 minutes. (You can stop when the frittata starts to set, but the top area needs to remain uncooked)
8) The remaining parts of the cheeses and vegetables have to be added in a careful way and keep the skillet stable.
9) It must be baked for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. (The important thing is that the eggs turn set and the frittata edges must become golden.
10) A small quantity of pepper flakes, pepper grind and chopped tarragon can be used to top the frittata.
11) After cooling it, you can slice it.
- Eggs – 6 nos.
- Water or milk – 1/4 cup.
- Olive oil – To grease the pan.
- Spring onions (Thin) – 3 to 4. (They need to be chopped as small pieces and a couple of thin vertical strips can also be kept)
- Asparagus tips – 1/2 cup. (Chopped)
- Garlic clove (Minced) - 1 no.
- Frozen peas (Thawed) – 1/2 cup.
- Fresh mozzarella pieces – 1/4 cup.
- Crumbled feta – 1/4 cup.
- Tarragon (Chopped) – 1/4 cup.
- Pepper – To taste.
- Salt – To taste.
- Red pepper flakes - A few pinches.