Spring veggie casserole with little herb dumplings
Cooking time2 hours
Are you looking for an ideal supper dish that is full of exciting and fresh flavors? You do not need to look any further because this spring veggie casserole with little herb dumplings recipe makes you familiarize with such a dish and you can share it with friends with absolute pride. First of all, you have to rub the flour and butter together and it must look like breadcrumbs. (That is how you make the dumplings).
Then, parsley, pepper, cheese and salt should be stirred in. Season well and set aside.
Now, the oil needs to be heated in a big pan over high heat.
The shallots should be thrown in. They should be fires for 2 to 3 minutes until they softened and turned brown.
Now, the potatoes must be added for about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir well using a wooden spoon and it is always advisable to move the pan a bit.
The next step is to add fennel. After two minutes, add carrot. Garlic should be added after another two minutes. (This two-minute time space allows each item to release the flavors).
The stock should be poured in. Wine also needs to be poured in.
Then, sugar and soy sauce should also be added.
Return to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Now, you have to take the dumpling mixture. Add water to form of a soft dough.
Then, the small pieces should be broken off to create 20 to 25 dumplings. You need to shape them into rounds like a cherry tomato.
The green beans have to be added. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Now, the courgettes and mushrooms should be added.
Take the wine. Corn flour has to be stirred in the wine and dissolve it.
It should be poured into a casserole while stirring and stop when it thickens.
Bring to the boil.
Again, you have to stir well and the dumplings should be placed on top in a gentle manner.
The pan must be covered using a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Stop when the dumplings have risen.
You need to make sure that the vegetables become tender and the stew is rich. It is always advisable to check the seasoning.
Take a small bowl and, herbs and chilli should be mixed. This mixture should be scattered on top of the casserole.
The spring veggie casserole is ready to serve.
- #The ingredients needed for the dumplings#
- Mature cheddar – 50 grams. (It should be finely grated).
- Self-raising flour – 100 grams.
- Parsley – 3 tablespoons. (It should be finely chopped).
- Butter – 50 grams. (It should be cut into pieces).
- #Ingredients for the casserole#
- Small potatoes – 250 grams. (It should be into half).
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons.
- Boiling vegetable stock – 600 ml.
- Peeled and cut Shallot – 8 nos.
- Baby carrots – 200 grams. (It needs to be scraped and left whole).
- Garlic cloves – 3 nos. (They should be peeled and cut into half lengthways).
- Muscovado sugar – A pinch.
- Fruity white wine – 300 grams.
- Fennel bulbs – 2 to 3 nos. (They should be cut into 8 wedges and the weight should be equivalent to 500 grams).
- Chestnut mushrooms – 250 grams.
- Soy sauce – 1 /2 teaspoon.
- Chopped parsley – 1 tablespoon.
- Snipped chives – 1 tablespoon.
- Green beans – 200 grams.(They should be cut in half).
- Corn flour – 2 teaspoons.
- Baby courgettes – 200 grams. (Each one should be cut into 4 chunks).
- Seeded and finely chopped red chilli – 1 /2.