Squash and barley salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Cooking time45 min
Many people are looking for different varieties of salads that stand tall among normal ones. This squash and barley salad with balsamic vinaigrette recipe shows you the best method of making an unusual salad that is packed with amazing flavors.
With the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this squash and barley salad with balsamic vinaigrette recipe, you can serve for 8 people.
The oven should be preheated to 200 Celsius Fan and 180 Celsius gas 6.
The squash needs to be placed on a baking tray and it should be tossed with olive oil.
The next step is to roast for 20 minutes.
At the same time; the barley must be boiled in salt water for 25 minutes. (You have to stop when it becomes tender but still firm when bitten)
At the mean time; the dressing ingredients must be whisked in a bowl and you have to season it using pepper and salt.
Now, barley should be drained and tipped into a bowl.
The next step is to pour it over the dressing and you have to mix it really well before allowing to cool.
Broccoli has to be boiled in salted water and when it turns tender, it should be drained and rinsed in cold water.
You have to pat dry before adding broccoli and remaining ingredients to the barley.
They should be mixed well and it can be kept for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Sun Blush tomato- 100 grams (It should be sliced).
- Butternut squash – 1 no. (It should be peeled and they should also be cut into small pieces).
- Pearl barley – 250 grams.
- Small red onion – 1 no. (It must be diced).
- Tenderstem broccoli – 300 grams. (It should be divided into medium size pieces)
- Black olive (pitted) – 15 nos.
- Pumpkin seed – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped basil – 20 gram pack
- Rinsed small capers – 1 tablespoon.
- #Ingredients for dressing purposes#
- Finely chopped garlic clove – 1 no.
- Extra virgin oil – 6 tablespoons.
- Balsamic vinegar - 5 tablespoons.
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon.