Cooking time45 min
This squash casserole recipe discusses an ideal way to utilize all your summer squash. Using the same amount of ingredients advocated in this squash casserole recipe allows you to make 6 servings. Total time needed for making this dish comes around 55 minutes.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 300 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) You need to grease a casserole dish. (Medium size)
3) Take a large skillet and 2 tablespoons butter must be melted in the skillet over medium heat.
4) Onion and squash have to be added and cooked for 8 minutes while keeping on stirring. (You need to ensure that the squash becomes tender)
5) Garlic needs to be stirred in and then, salt, cayenne pepper and pepper have to be used to season.
6) This mixture must be placed on a colander that is set over a bowl.
7) Set aside to drain for 5 minutes and then, the liquid must be discarded.
8) Mayonnaise, sour cream and eggs should be whisked together in a big bowl.
9) Parmesan and cheddar have to be stirred in and this mixture has to be seasoned with pepper and salt.
10) The squash mixture needs to be folded in gently.
11) The mixture should be placed on a baking dish.
12) The remaining butter has to be melted and it must be tossed with Ritz crackers.
13) The cracker mixture needs to be sprinkled over casserole.
14) It should be baked for 20 minutes and you must stop when it becomes bubbly and golden in color.
- Ritz crackers - 2 sleeves. (They should be crushed)
- Parmesan (Freshly grated) - 1 cup.
- Shredded cheddar - 1 1/2 cups.
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup.
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup.
- Large eggs - 2 nos.
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Chopped onion - 1 no.
- Yellow squash - 2 lbs. (It should be sliced into half inch coins)
- Butter - 4 tablespoons. (Divided)