Strawberry Coconut Tart
How to make a tangy coconut tart that is vegan and topped with red strawberries? You can depend on this strawberry coconut tart recipe to make a wonderful tart. This strawberry coconut tart recipe allows you to make 8 servings and the total time required for making this dish is 65 minutes.
1) You have to keep the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight so that the cream can be easily scooped out during the time of cooking.
2) Oven must be preheated to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit and the shredded coconut needs to be spread on a baking sheet that is trimmed.
3) It should be toasted for 4 minutes and make sure that coconut becomes light golden brown.
4) After removing the coconut from the pan, keep it on a safe place to cool down. For garnishing purpose, keep one tablespoon toasted coconut separate.
5) After increasing the oven heat to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, a round tart pan’s (9-inch) bottom should be lined with parchment and coconut oil needs to be used for greasing the sides and bottom.
6) Oats and toasted coconut have to be pulsed in a food processor and then, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt and quinoa flour must be added and pulsed to make a shaggy ball.
7) It needs to be pressed into a pan that is prepared and you have to be alert to build up sites. The crust needs to be poked all over using a fork.
8) The next step is the process of setting the crust on a baking sheet that rimmed and it should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes so that the fragrance comes out.
9) The tart pan has to be cooled in a wire rack for half an hour and then, it should be unmolded before placing back on the rack to cool fully.
1) Agar agar flakes, sea salt, cardamom, ginger, condensed coconut milk and one cup of coconut cream (Taken from the can of coconut milk) need to be combined in a saucepan that is heavy-bottomed and this mixture has to be brought to a gentle boil by keeping the heat at medium level.
2) You need to keep on whisking and then, heat has to be turned to the lowest setting before covering and cooking for 10 minutes. (You need to stir every couple of minutes to prevent scorching)
3) You must check the mixture to ensure the dissolution of agar agar and if you find that it has not dissolved, you need to cook for 5 minutes more.
4) After removing from the heat, the mixture should be kept covered for 10 minutes.
5) The coconut mixture has to be spooned into the blender’s pitcher and lemon juice, nutmeg and lemon zest should be added.
6) They must be pulsed 4 times to allow the zest and ginger to blend well with the coconut base and thereby forming a fluffier filling.
For assemble tart
1) The filling has to be spooned into a tart shell that is cooled and the tart must be chilled in the fridge for a period of 30 minutes. When the filling gets set, a plastic wrap can be used to cover in a loose manner.
2) Sea salt, maple syrup and 1/2 cup strawberries need to be mashed in a small bowl and the remaining sliced berries have to be tossed in.
3) The mixture should be kept on the counter for 10 minutes and the strawberries must be spooned onto tart.
4) The toasted coconut (Reserved) can be used as topping and it needs to be sliced before serving.