Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Bars
Cooking time45 min
This strawberry rhubarb crisp bars recipe is one of the simplest and fastest ways to make high quality and tasteful bars. This strawberry rhubarb crisp bars recipe allows you to make 16 bars.
1) The oven has to be heated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Two sides and bottom of an 8/8-inch baking pan (square) must be lined using parchment paper.
3) Salt, brown sugar, flour and oats should be placed on the pan and they have to be mixed.
4) The melted butter has to be poured over and stirred so that the formation of the clumps takes place. (If you find the clumps look excessively dump or soft, extra 2 tablespoons flour need to be added)
5) Take 1/2 cup of the mixture that is crumbled and keep it a safe place.
6) The remaining part of the crumb mixture should be pressed in the pan’s bottom in an even manner.
7) Half portion of the fruit has to be spread over the crust and it must be sprinkled with cornstarch, juice (lemon) and granulated sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
8) The rest of the fruit should be spread over this and then, topped using the remaining granulated sugar.
9) The crumbs that were set aside have to be scattered over the fruit.
10) Then, the bars must be baked for a time period between 30 and 40 minutes. (You must stop when the crisp area turns golden color and the fruit smells toasty and becomes bubbly)
11) Keep it there in the pan to cool. (You can do it by placing it in the fridge)
12) Once it cools down, you must cut into squares.
13) Prior to serving, it should be sprinkled using powdered sugar.
- Strawberries (Small-diced) - 1 cup or 155 grams.
- Powdered sugar – For decoration purposes. (Optional)
- Rolled oats - 1 cup or 80 grams.
- Rhubarb (Diced as small pieces) – 125 grams or 1 cup.
- Granulated sugar – 1 tablespoon. (Divided)
- Extra all-purpose flour - 95 grams. (You can keep 2 tablespoons more)
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup.
- Cornstarch – 1 teaspoon. (Optional)
- Unsalted butter (Melted) – 6 tablespoons.
- Table salt - 1/4 teaspoon. (Heaped)