Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Cooking time45 min
Some people often say that they love strawberry jam more than anything else. It is a logical argument because strawberry is a highly tasty fruit and it offers a lot of health benefits as well. What about combining strawberry and rhubarb to make a jam? This strawberry rhubarb jam recipe teaches you how to make such a dish and it can be described as a tangy jam. You can use them with a lot of things and, using it with muffins or buttermilk biscuit offers a wonderful eating experience.
If you use the same quantity of ingredients as advocated in this strawberry rhubarb jam recipe, you can make 5 cups. The prepared time needed is only 30 minutes and for every 2 tablespoons, you get 57 calories.
1) First of all, you have to take a large kettle.
2) Then, pineapple, sugar, rhubarb and strawberries should be combined in the kettle.
3) They need to be brought to a boil.
4) The heat must be reduced.
5) You have to simmer them for 20 minutes.
6) The next step is to remove from the heat.
7) The gelatin should be stirred in and you have to make sure that it is dissolved completely.
8) You have to take a few refrigerate containers.
9) It should be poured into containers and 1/2-inch headspace must be kept.
10) It is the time to let stand until it comes back to room temperature.
11) Top with lids.
12) This jam can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 weeks.
- 1) Frozen or fresh strawberries - 2-1/2 cups. (They must be crushed).
- 2) Frozen or fresh rhubarb - 1-1/2 cups. (They should be finely diced).
- 3) Sugar – 2 1/2 cups.
- 4) Crushed pineapple - 1 can (The quantity must be equivalent to 8 ounces and it should be undrained).
- 5) Strawberry gelatin - 1 package (The quantity should be equivalent to 3 ounces).