Strawberry Yogurt Shortcake
Cooking time45 min
How to make a stunningly delicious and delightfully simple yogurt shortcake using strawberries? This strawberry yogurt shortcake recipe gives you the best answer. It is a wonderful dessert that can be made with absolute ease and there is no need to carry the recipe book to the kitchen because everything about this recipe is really simple.
This strawberry yogurt shortcake recipe offers you 8 servings and you can make this dessert within 50 minutes.
1) Oven has to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) After spaying cooking spray on the interior sides of a pan (8-inch round pan) in a light manner, you need to utilize a paper towel for wiping smooth.
3) A spoonful of flour has to be added and shaken around the edges to create a light coating.
4) After discarding the additional flour, the pan bottom should be lined using parchment paper that is cut into to the correct size and it should be set aside.
5) Seas salt, baking powder and 1 1/2 cups flour must be whisked together in a medium bowl and you need to keep it at a safe place.
6) Vanilla, eggs, milk half scoop), oil (1 scoop), yogurt (1 scoop) and sugar (2 scoops) should be whisked together in a big bowl and you have to make it smooth before setting aside.
7) The dry ingredients must be folded into the wet ingredients in a gentle way and make sure that they are all well combined.
8) The batter has to be poured into the prepared pan, and it should be baked for a period between 40 and 45 minutes. (You need to ensure that the center portion of the cake is properly baked through)
9) After taking out the cake from the pan, you need to allow it to cool for half an hour at least prior to serving.
10) The strawberries can be macerated if you want for half an hour prior to serving.
11) The sugar and strawberries have to be stirred together in a small bowl prior to setting aside. .
12) At the same time; you have to focus on making the whipped cream; the powdered sugar and cream should be beaten in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and the level need to be kept high. (You can stop when there is a formation of the medium-stiff peaks)
13) The cake has to be sliced and topped using the whipped cream. (You can also use strawberries as topping)
- #For the cake#
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon.
- Neutral cooking oil or spray
- Large eggs – 2 nos.
- Whole milk – 1/4 cup.
- All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups. (Unbleached and you can keep some more for pan)
- Baking powder - 2 teaspoon.
- Neutral oil – 1/2 cup.
- Sea salt - 1 /2 teaspoon.
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup.
- Plain whole-milk yogurt 1/2 cup.
- #For the Macerated Strawberries#
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup.
- Fresh strawberries - 1/2 pounds. (They need to be hulled and sliced)
- #For whipped cream#
- Powdered sugar – 3 tablespoons.
- Heavy cream - 1 cup.