Stuffed Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers
Cooking time45 min
This stuffed zucchini and red bell peppers recipe puts forward a step by step method of approach to make a wonderfully delicious dish.
This stuffed zucchini and red bell peppers recipe can be served for 6 people and total time needed for cooking is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
1) First of all, the oven must be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Take a 13 × 9 baking dish. (2-inch)
3) Olive oil must be drizzled into the baking dish.
4) Take a large bowl.
5) Pepper, salt, garlic, ketchup, egg, parley and onion must be whisked in the bowl to blend well.
6) Bread crumbs and cheese have to be stirred in.
7) The turkey should be mixed in the turkey.
8) The turkey mixture should be covered and refrigerated.
9) The seeds and inner flesh of the zucchini should be scraped out using a spoon.
10) You should get 1/8-inch-thick shells.
11) You have to be really vigilant not to pierce through the skin.
12) The zucchini and pepper halves should be mixed in with turkey mixture.
13) You must divide in equal manner and mount in a slight manner.
14) The stuffed vegetables must be arranged in the baking dish.
15) The marinara sauce should be poured over the stuffed vegetables.
16) It should be baked uncovered. (Make sure that the vegetables become tender and start to brown).
17) A thermometer needs to be inserted into the filling registers 165 degrees F and baked for 45 minutes.
18) The stuffed vegetables must be transferred to a platter.
19) The dish is ready to serve.
- 1) Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 2) Small onion – 1 no. (It should be grated)
- 3) Chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves - 1/4 cup.
- 4) Large eggs – 1 no.
- 5) Ketchup - 3 tablespoons.
- 8) Garlic cloves – 3 nos. (They should be minced).
- 9) Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- 10) Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon. (Freshly ground).
- 11) Grated Pecorino Romano - 1/3 cup.
- 12) Dried plain bread crumbs - 1/4 cup.
- 13) Ground turkey – 1 pound.
- 14) Zucchini – 2 nos. (You have to remove the ends and it should be halved lengthwise and crosswise).
- 15) Short orange bell pepper – 1 no. (It should be halved and seeded).
- 16) Red bell pepper – 1 no. (Seeded and halved)
- 17) Yellow bell pepper – 1 no. (Seeded and halved).
- 18) Marinara sauce - 1 1/2 cups.