Summer Corn and White Bean Soup
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to use fresh corn effectively to make a delicious summer soup? This summer corn and white bean soup recipe teaches you how to prepare such a soup and it can be described as hearty dish that is light, fresh and flavorful as well. It can be prepared in a speedy manner. Since it contains spicy green chiles, fiber-rich navy beans, crunchy corn and meaty ham, you can call it as a healthy option as well. If you want to add slight kick, you can sprinkle jalapeno peppers and Monterey Jack cheese before serving. If you want to make this summer corn and white bean soup recipe a little bit different; you can add tomatoes, zucchini and cilantro as well. First of all, you have to take a Dutch oven.
Then, pour canola oil to the oven.
Ham must also be added.
Both these ingredients should be cooked for 3 minutes.
You have to stir in a frequent manner.
The next step is to stir in corn.
Now, Kernels, salt, beans, chicken broth and green chiles should also be added.
The next step is to bring to a boil.
The heat must be reduced.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
You should stop when it is thoroughly heated.
- Sliced green onions – 1 cup.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Canola oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Cooked harm – 3/4 cup. (It should be chopped).
- Chopped green chiles – 2 nos. (It should be un-drained and the quantity must be equivalent to 4.4 ounce).
- Navy beans – 2 cans (The quantity should be equivalent to 15 ounce and they should be rinsed and drained).
- Fat-free and less sodium chicken broth – 2 cans. (The quantity must be equivalent to 14 ounce).
- Fresh corn kennels – 3 cups. (About 5 ears)