Summer Pudding Loaf
Cooking time45 min
You might have heard a lot of classic summer puddings. They offer fine taste and healthy as well. Do you want to know how to make an easier version of a classic summer pudding? If you want to learn a truly simple method, you can depend on this summer pudding loaf recipe. Everything is pretty simple and it can be served easily as well. You just three ingredients and the method of preparation is totally uncomplicated.
You can make six servings with the instructions given in this summer pudding loaf recipe and cooking can be completed within 10 minutes.
1) Take a loaf tin and it should be lined with a double layer of cling film.
2) Take out leaves and stalks from the fruits and, blackcurrants, redcurrants and blackberries should be placed in a pan.
3) Two tablespoon water and sugar must be added and brought to boil.
4) They need to be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes and make sure that the berries have softened.
5) During the final stages, add blackberries and raspberries.
6) The loaf crusts should be cut using a knife and divided into thick and long slices by cutting along the length.
7) One bread slice must be placed into the tin base (you can trim it to fit well) and bread slices should also be placed on the two sides (inside the tin).
8) A bit if juice from the cooked berries should be spooned into the base. (It is being done to soak the breads in juice)
9) The fruits can be added gradually and make sure that all breads are well soaked and turned red.
10) When the tin is filled with fruits, it should be topped with another slice of bread to seal.
11) Add some more berry juice left in the pan. (Make sure that you have 50% of the fruit leftover to serve alongside each slice)
12) The top has to be covered with a cling film and the pudding must be kept in the fridge overnight. (Weights like a can of baked beans can be placed on top for pressing the mixture down so that the soaking process becomes effective and pudding turns firm.
13) For turning out, the cling film should be peeled back and the pudding must be turned upside-down onto a plate.
14) Take away the cling film, cut and serve with juices and berries.
- Caster sugar - 250 grams.
- A mixture of summer berries - 2 lb or 1 kg. (You can use blueberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries and blackberries)
- Large white loaf (unsliced) or white bread (thick-sliced) - 1 no.