Summer Squash Pizza
Cooking time45 min
How to make a captivating summer squash pizza? This recipe is going to teach you how to prepare an excellent summer squash pizza and you can use zucchini or yellow squash for this grilled pizza. One slice can be served as an appetizer or two slices can be used with a salad for a small supper. If you follow the exact quantity mentioned in this summer squash pizza recipe, you can serve for 8 people. First of all, you need to prepare grill.
Take a large bowl.
Add oil, vinegar, pepper and salt to the bowl.
Zucchini slices and squash slices should be added to the bowl as well.
Toss in a gentle manner to coat.
Coat the grill using cooking spray.
Now, the squash mixture should be placed on the grill rack.
It should be grilled on each side for 2 minutes. (Stop when it becomes tender).
The grill temperature must be reduced to medium.
The pizza crust needs to be coated with cooking spray lightly.
Grill one minute on each side until toasted in a light manner.
Now, the tomatoes should be arranged over squash.
You have to sprinkle with pecorino cheese.
Again, grill 5 minutes. (Stop when thoroughly heated).
Remove from the grill.
Oregano and basil should be sprinkled.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 teaspoon.
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon.
- Medium yellow squash – 1 no. (It should be cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices).
- Cooking spray.
- Medium zucchini – 1 no. (It should be cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Fresh oregano – 1/2 teaspoon. (It should be finely chopped).
- Packaged pizza crust like Mama Mary’s – 1 no. (12-inch)
- Fresh basil – 2 tablespoons. (It should be thinly sliced).
- Finely grated pecorino Romano cheese – 1/4 cup. (The quantity must be equivalent to 1 ounce).
- Plum tomatoes – 2 nos. (They should be cut into 1/8-inch thick slices).