Summer Squash Soup with Pasta and Parmesan
Cooking time45 min
What about the concept of cooking squash and pasta together in chicken broth? This Summer squash soup with pasta and parmesan recipe teaches you how to make a stunningly delicious soup and you can also find an ideal way to give every ingredient in a soup great flavor. There is no need to spend excess amount of time in the kitchen to prepare this soup because it can be made within a short period time in a hassle free manner. With the quantity of ingredients recommended in this Summer squash soup with pasta and parmesan recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. First of all, you have to take a Dutch oven.
Pour water and broth.
Bring to a boil.
Now, pasta should be added.
Then, it should be cooked for 8 minutes. (Stop when pasta turns tender).
It is the time to add squash.
The next step is to add uncooked farfalle, zucchini and parsley.
Basil, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and oregano must also be added.
The heat should be reduced.
Simmer for 4 minutes. You have to make sure that squash turns tender and pasta is done.
Cheese and basil must be sprinkled.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Water – 3 cups
- Finely chopped zucchini – 2 cups.
- Fat-free, less sodium chicken broth – 6 cups.
- Uncooked farfalle – 2 -1/4 cups.
- Finely chopped yellow squash – 2 cups.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped fresh parsley – 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped fresh basil – 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh basil – 1/4 cup. (It should be thinly sliced).
- Fresh thyme – 1/2 teaspoon. (It should be chopped).
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese – 1/2 cup (2 ounces).
- Fresh oregano -1/2 teaspoon. (It should be chopped).
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon.