Sweet and Sour Chicken
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to prepare a quick and highly delicious chicken dish tonight? This sweet and sour chicken recipe teaches you how to make an amazingly tasty chicken dish in a speedy manner and the method of preparation can be described as extremely simple. First of all, you have to take a large bowl.
Place egg whites in the bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch as well.
The next step is to stir with a whisk.
Then, chicken must be added.
Now, you should toss to coat.
The remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ketchup, water, cider vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce should be added into the bowl.
The next step is stirring with a whisk.
Now, you need to heat a big nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
1 tablespoon oil should be added to the pan.
Then, you must swirl to coat.
Bell paper needs to be added.
It should be cooked for 2 minutes.
Stir frequently while cooking.
Then, you have to add pineapple, onions and ginger to pan as well.
Again, cook for 2 minutes.
The bell paper should be transferred to a plate.
The remaining 1 tablespoon oil must be added to the pan.
The chicken mixture has to be added. (You need to make sure that the egg white mixture drips back into bowl.
Then, stir-fry for 6 minutes until chicken turns brown and done.
Then, the bell pepper mixture and ketchup mixture must be added to the pan.
Bring to a simmer for one minute. You must make sure that the mixture turns thick.
Then, sprinkle with salt.
The sweet and sour chicken dish is ready to serve.
- Cornstarch – 4 teaspoons (It should be divided)
- Water – 1/4 cup.
- Large egg whites – 2 nos.
- Cider vinegar – 3 tablespoons.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts – 1 pound (They should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- Unsalted ketchup – 6 tablespoons.
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Grated fresh finger – 2 teaspoons.
- Lower sodium soy sauce – 1 - 1/ 2 tablespoons.
- Kosher salt – 3/8 teaspoon.
- Canola oil – 2 tablespoons. (It should be divided).
- Green onions – 3 nos. (They should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- Red bell pepper – 1 no. (It should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- Fresh pineapple chunks – 1 – 1/2 cups.