Sweet and Sour Pork
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making gluten free pork with rich taste? This sweet and sour pork recipe is the best answer.
With the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this sweet and sour pork recipe, you can serve for 6 people.
1) Take a bowl and add pork tenderloin, ginger, garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper to the bowl.
2) They must be combined well and set aside.
3) The pineapple has to be drained and 1/4 cup juice needs to be reserved.
4) Take a small bowl and sugar, vinegar, remaining crushed red pepper, sodium sauce, ketchup, reserved juice and 6 tablespoons stock should be combined in the bowl.
5) You have to keep on stirring until sugar dissolves.
6) Take another bowl and combine the remaining stock and cornstarch.
7) Oil has to be heated in a large nonstick skillet and the heat should be kept over medium-high heat.
8) The pork mixture should be stir-fried in hot oil 5 minutes.
9) Pork should be removed from the pan and keep warm.
10) Water chestnuts, bell peppers and onion have to be added to the pan.
11) They should be stir-fried for 3 minutes and make sure that they become crisp-tender.
12) Ketchup mixture needs to be added.
13) It should be brought to a boil.
14) Pork mixture, pineapple chunks and cornstarch with any accumulated juice should be stirred in.
15) They have to be cooked for 2 minutes and make sure that the sauce turns thickened.
16) It can be served immediately over rice.
17) Green onion slices can be used for garnishing.
- 1) Pork tenderloin - 1 1/2 pounds. (It should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- 2) Fresh ginger - 2 teaspoons. (It must be grated and peeled).
- 3) Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They must be minced).
- 4) Red pepper - 1/2 teaspoon. (It has to be crushed and divided).
- 5) Pineapple chunks in juice - 1 (The quantity needs to be equivalent to 20-ounce and it must be undrained).
- 6) Chicken broth - 9 tablespoons. (It has to be lower in sodium, fat-free and divided as well; check for gluten).
- 7) Ketchup - 1/4 cup.
- 8) Sugar - 1/4 cup.
- 9) Cider vinegar - 3 tablespoons.
- 10) Lower sodium soy sauce - 3 tablespoons. (You need to check for gluten).
- 11) Cornstarch - 1 tablespoon. 12) Peanut oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 13) Medium onion - 1 no. (It must be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- 14) Green bell pepper - 1 no. (It should be cut into 1-inch pieces).
- 15) Red bell pepper - 1 no. (You have to cut it into 1-inch pieces).
- 16) Sliced water chestnuts - 1 (The quantity must be equivalent to 8-ounce and drained).
- 17) Hot cooked white or brown rice - 3 cups.
- 18) Green onion (optional) 1 no. (It should be cut diagonally into thin slices).