Sweet-and-Sour Pork Skewers with Pineapple
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make pork skewers in an innovative way? This sweet-and-sour pork skewers with pineapple recipe is the best answer to this question. This is one of the simple ways to make skewers that offer great taste. Several people have become ardent fans of this dish. This pork skewers can be made within 80 minutes.
For making sweet-and-sour sauce
1) Pineapple juice should be combined with garlic, soy sauce, sriracha, ketchup and rice vinegar in a small pot.
2) This mixture should be brought to a simmer.
3) Sugar must be whisked with cornstarch in a small bowl to blend well. Then, the sugar mixture has to be added to the pot and whisked well.
4) It has to be simmered for 3 to 4 minutes. You have to make sure that the sauce is thickened before setting aside.
For making the skewers
1) Pineapple and pork have to be arranged on the skewers. When you arrange them, you have to focus on alternating between the two.
2) This procedure must be repeated until all skewers are assembled.
3) Olive oil needs to be used for brushing on both sides.
4) Pepper and salt should be used to season.
5) They should be cooked on a preheated grill or grill pan for 4 to 5 minutes per side and stop when they are nicely charred on both sides.
6) Generous brushing using sweet-and-sour sauce must be done when the skewers remain hot.
7) Scallions have to be used to garnish prior to serving.
- #Sweet-and-Sour sauce#
- Cornstarch – 2 teaspoons.
- Garlic clove – 2 nos. (Minced)
- Sriracha – 1 teaspoon.
- Rice vinegar – 1/4 cup.
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons.
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Ketchup – 2 tablespoons.
- Pineapple juice – 1/2 cup.
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin (cut into cubes)
- 1 pineapple (peeled, cut into cubes)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced)