Sweet-and-Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Cooking time45 min
What do you want a barbecue sauce taste like? Do you want a spicy one or a sweet one? It is your preference and you can decide what to choose. At the same time; if you want a barbecue sauce that is spicy and sweet, this Sweet-and–Spicy Barbecue Sauce recipe is the best option available. Many people are of the opinion that it is one of the best recipes that they have ever come across and according to them; the taste is totally refreshing and inspiring as well. If you want to enjoy a harmonious combination of sweet and spicy taste in a sauce, this Sweet-and –Spicy Barbecue Sauce recipe is the best source available and it can be prepared with great ease and comfort. With the quantity of ingredients advocated in this recipe, you can make 5 cups of sauce as well. First of all, you have to take a large saucepan.
It should be placed over medium-high heat.
Pour olive oil into the pan.
Then, you should saute minced garlic, jalapeno pepper and minced garlic for 4 to 5 minutes. (You should make sure that the ingredients turn tender).
The next step is to stir in dark brown sugar, ketchup, apple juice and vinegar.
Honey, Kosher salt, Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, dried crushed red pepper and freshly ground black pepper should also be stirred in.
Bring to a boil.
You have to stir occasionally.
The heat must be reduced to low.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Again, stir occasionally.
You can use this sauce immediately and it can also be refrigerated in an airtight container up to one month.
- Minced garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped sweet onion – 1/2 cup.
- Jalapeno pepper – 1 (It should be seeded and minced).
- Ketchup (like Heinz) – 1 bottle (32-oz).
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 cup.
- Dark brown sugar – 1 cup (It should be firmly packed).
- Honey – 1/ 2 cup.
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon.
- Apple juice – 1/ 2 cup.
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon.
- Celery seeds – 1 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Dried crushed red pepper – 1/2 teaspoon.