Sweet Potato Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make an ideal savory comforting and flavorful soup for a winter evening? This sweet potato soup recipe answers this question in the best way possible. This sweet potato soup recipe allows you to make 8 servings and the total cooking time comes around 50 minutes.
1) Oil needs to be heated in a big oven and heat should be kept medium-high.
2) Carrots and onions must be added and cooked for 5 minutes and keep on stirring. (You can stop when they get softened)
3) Garlic must be added and cooked for one minute. (Keep on stirring)
4) Cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, salt, Yukon gold potatoes and sweet potatoes have to be added and cooked for one more minute (Keep on stirring)
5) After adding stock, it should be brought to a boil.
6) After reducing the heat to medium-low, potatoes must be simmered for 30 minutes. (You can stop when they become tender)
7) Butter needs to be melted in a skillet and the heat has to be kept at medium-high.
8) Pecans should be added and cooked for 8 minutes before transferring to a bowl. (You have to keep on stirring and stop when toasted)
9) The potato mixture should be transferred to a blender in batches.
10) The piece at the center portion of the blender lid has to be removed. (It is being done for allowing the steam to get out)
11) Then, the lid should be secured on the blender and a clean towel has to be placed over the lid opening.
12) It must be processed until the mixture becomes smooth.
13) The servings have to be topped with 1/2 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 2 tablespoons pecans.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves - 1/4 cup. (It must be torn)
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup.
- Finely chopped pecans - 1 cup. 4) Salted butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Chicken stocks - 7 cups.
- Cayenne pepper - 1/8 teaspoon.
- Ground cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Yukon gold potatoes - 2 pounds. (They need to be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Sweet potatoes - 2 pounds. ( They should be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Chopped garlic - 1 tablespoon.
- Roughly chopped carrots - 1 cup.
- Yellow onion - chopped - 1 1/2 cups.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.