Thai beef curry
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make an authentic Thai curry that is spicy and tasteful? This Thai beef curry recipe talks about how to prepare such a wonderful dish. Eight servings can be made with this Thai beef curry recipe and total cooking time needed is 8 hours and 20 minutes.
1) In a large pan, oil has to be heated and beef must be browned in batches.
2) Then, you can remove the beef to a plate after reserving the juices. (If your slow cooker is equipped with browning function, you can make use of it)
3) Remaining oil, galangal, chilies, garlic, chopped lemongrass and half of the coriander should be whizzed in a food processor to create a rough paste.
4) The slow cooker must be turned to high and the paste needs to be heated for a few minutes.
5) Then, beef has to be added and you have to add all other ingredients except lime juice and remaining coriander.
6) The cooker should be turned to low and cooked for 8 hours. (You can stop when the meat starts falling away from the bone.
7) If you are using beef ribs, bones have to be removed from the beef before shredding it with 2 forks.
8) If you feel that the sauce is thin, it can be strained off and boiled to reduce.
9) Lime juice and remaining coriander must be stirred in before seasoning with sugar or fish sauce.
- Kaffir lime leaves - 6 nos.
- Star anise - 2 nos.
- Coconut milk - 400 grams (1 can).
- Palm or light brown sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Fish sauce - 50 ml.
- Rice wine vinegar - 50 ml.
- Galangal or ginger (It has to be peeled and chopped)- 1 no, (2-cm piece)
- Green chilies (De-seeded and roughly chopped) - 1 or 2.
- Garlic cloves (Chopped) - 3 nos.
- Lemongrass stalks - 2 nos. (one roughly chopped and one bashed)
- Coriander - a large bunch.
- Beef short ribs or brisket - 2 kg. (They must be cut into chunks)
- Groundnut oil - 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Lime juice - Taken from 2 limes. (You can keep the wedges to serve)