Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to prepare a stunning Thai soup at home? This Thai red curry noodle soup recipe puts forward a convenient way of making a Thai soup and it is fully loaded with bail, cilantro, lime juice, rice noodles and tender chicken. It is a really comforting and fragrant soup as well. This recipe offers 6 servings and the total time needed for cooking is 50 minutes.
1) Olive oil must be heated in a big Dutch oven and the heat has to be kept at medium level. (You can use a stockpot)
2) The chicken should be seasoned using pepper and salt to taste.
3) Then, the chicken needs to be added to the oven and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes. (Stop when it becomes golden in color)
4) Keep it at a safe place.
5) Onion, bell pepper and garlic should be added and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes. You need to keep on stirring occasionally and can stop when they turn tender.
6) The ginger and red curry paste should be stirred in and cooked for one minute and you need to wait for the fragrance.
7) Coconut milk and chicken broth must be stirred in and the browning has to be scraped from the oven’s bottom.
8) The chicken must be stirred in and brought to a boil.
9) After reducing the heat, it should be cooked for 10 minutes while stirring in an occasional way.
10) Brown sugar, fish sauce and rice noodles have to be stirred in and cooked for 5 minutes and you can stop when the noodles become tender.
11) After taking out from the heat, lime juice, cilantro and green onions have to be stirred in.
12) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
- Onion – 1 no. (Diced)
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Chicken breast - 1 1/2 pounds. (Skinless and boneless and it should be cut into 1-inch chunks)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper (Freshly ground)
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Minced)
- Red bell pepper – 1 no. (Diced)
- Red curry paste - 3 tablespoons.
- Freshly grated ginger – 1 tablespoon.
- Low sodium chicken broth – 6 cups.
- Coconut milk - 1 Can (13.5-ounce).
- Lime juice (Freshly squeezed) – 2 tablespoons.
- Basil leaves (Fresh) – 1/4 cup.
- Rice noodles - 1/2 (8-ounce) package
- Fish sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- Green onions – 3 nos. (You have to slice them thinly)
- Brown sugar - 2 teaspoons.
- Fresh cilantro leaves - 1/2 cup. (Chopped)